Re: [Gimp-user] Inital zoom ratio bug?

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Richard Gitschlag
<strata_ranger hotmail com> wrote:
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 00:48:46 +0200
From: forums gimpusers com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
CC: team gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Inital zoom ratio bug?

So I'm using Gimp 2.8 in single window mode and not fullscreen window on
winXp. Initial zoom ratio is set to "Fit to window". And yet when I open a
big image which wouldn't fit to Gimp's window, Gimp still resize its own
window even to out of my screen's resolution boundary. I don't want that. My
pref window: http://i.imgur.com/fVHaR.jpg
So is this bug or how can I prevent Gimp doing this?
Thanks for any answers!

--
berniek (via gimpusers.com)

That is odd.  I have the same settings (including single-window mode, with
my window carefully sized/placed to fill the whole screen because there's a
bug with maximized window status) and have yet to encounter the problem.

Hmm ... I have an idea what could be responsible (though exactly why fails
me), so try these steps:

1 - Size your GIMP window as desired.
2 - Go to the "Window Management" section of Preferences and hit the button
for "Save Window Positions Now".
3 - Restart GIMP and see if the behavior persists.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com