Re: [Gimp-user] Inital zoom ratio bug?

> Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 00:48:46 +0200
> From: forums gimpusers com
> To: gimp-user-list gnome org
> CC: team gimpusers com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Inital zoom ratio bug?
>
> So I'm using Gimp 2.8 in single window mode and not fullscreen window on winXp. Initial zoom ratio is set to "Fit to window". And yet when I open a big image which wouldn't fit to Gimp's window, Gimp still resize its own window even to out of my screen's resolution boundary. I don't want that. My pref window: http://i.imgur.com/fVHaR.jpg
> So is this bug or how can I prevent Gimp doing this?
> Thanks for any answers!
>
> --
> berniek (via gimpusers.com)

That is odd.  I have the same settings (including single-window mode, with my window carefully sized/placed to fill the whole screen because there's a bug with maximized window status) and have yet to encounter the problem.

Hmm ... I have an idea what could be responsible (though exactly why fails me), so try these steps:

1 - Size your GIMP window as desired.
2 - Go to the "Window Management" section of Preferences and hit the button for "Save Window Positions Now".
3 - Restart GIMP and see if the behavior persists.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com