[Gimp-user] Background textures

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM, foggycreek <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I have bought and downloaded some background textures.
My problem is that I can not figure out where to put them once I unzip the file.
I want to use them in Gimp 2.6, but where do I copy and paste them to.
Once this is accomplished, how do I open them in Gimp?
This is probably very basic, but I am new at this stuff and need help PLEASE. Thank you very much!  :)

--
foggycreek (via gimpusers.com)

You have to open a terminal window, go to the the directory you
expanded files to and  enter this:

sudo mv *pat  /usr/share/gimp/2.0/patterns

It will ask for you super password, the one you used to install Linux.
It will then move all files with the extension pat to the patterns
directly.

You can also turn your own images into patterns. Just open them with
gimp, and resave them as .pat files. It will ask for a name which will
show up when you look for your patterns, making it easy to find them.

Hope this is clear enough. :-)

Pat Brown

http://pabrown.com/
Pushing the envelope on romance