Re: [Gimp-user] Trace an image?

I'm trying to trace around an image to create a line drawing.  The
object I'm tracing has a lot of curves in it so using the Pencil Tool.
Also, I've used the Paths Tool and then clicked "stroke path".  That's
all fine and well but it's taking FOREVER to trace the picture.

Since the image has a lot of curves is there a tool or gadget in Gimp
that can provide a smooth curve, say, around a circle?

Use the "Intelligent scissors" if the image is suitable, then the
quick mask to adjust the selection, then stroke.

There is a foreground select tool which may do a similar job.

Also there are filters which may assist, for example, the "Photocopy"
filter may render a simpler image to trace.

 --
Owen