Re: [Gimp-user] Trace an image?
- From: Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
- To: peace AleksandrSolzhenitsyn net
- Cc: gimp-user-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Trace an image?
- Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:01:44 -0400
On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 18:23 -0400, . wrote:
Since the image has a lot of curves is there a tool or gadget in Gimp
that can provide a smooth curve, say, around a circle?
Inkscape comes with a user interface for running potrace, a program (at
least on Linux) that can trace bitmap images and make paths; you could
then save as SVG and import the SVG into gimp as paths (use File->Open
as Layers in GIMP).
In general, the path tool in gimp can do smooth curves, but they're
easier to manipulate in Inkscape.
Liam Quin - XML Activity Lead, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Pictures from old books: http://fromoldbooks.org/
] [Thread Prev