Re: [Gimp-user] Why does saves as JPG default to quality 85?

I've noticed that every time I save an image in GIMP as JPG the
quality
slider bar defaults to 85. Even though I keep changing it to 75. If
this
numeric value is a Photoshop equivalent like other GIMP features, then
85
is probably a wasted effort. The research* I'm aware of* (note
emphasis)
says that the quality in JPG images saved at a level above 75 is
"theoretical." In other words, the increased quality is there in
technical
terms, but imperceptible to the human eye. Comments?

Maybe this manual entry would help.

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-images-out.html#gimp-using-fileformats-export-dialog

 --
Owen