Re: [Gimp-user] Why does saves as JPG default to quality 85?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> wrote:
Maybe it would be less confusing to make the numbers go from 0 to 255 or
something. Then 255 would be 100% of the allowed value.

I can hear the wailing and gnashing of users now: "I followed the
tutorial exactly and saved the final JPEG at 85 quality but now it
looks terrible!!!1!" ;)

And then the brains exploding when explaining that 85 is 33% of 255.

Chris