Re: [Gimp-user] Benchmarking Gimp/GEGL

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM, László Boros <iamsemmu gmail com> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this list.
It would be a great thing to measure the performance with and without GEGL,
so with an older version of GIMP, and with the new one. But I don't really
know what things have been changed, so I'm not sure it would give a proper
answer.

Measuring the performance of GIMP with and without GEGL does not
really make sense yet, due to additional overheads of different kinds
that are involved (many of which eventually will disappear when the
transformation of GIMP is complete). One of these is the ping-pong
dance going back and forth between 128 bits/pixel and 32bits/pixel for
every thing that is done.

/Ø
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/