[Gimp-user] Problems with Gimp on Ubuntu

I'm using Gimp 2.6.12 on Ubuntu 12.04 (with Xfce desktop).

Recently, I noticed that at least 2 features suddenly don't work
(I say "at least" because there might be more that I'm just not aware of).
These features are rotating a layer and making a drop shadow.

The only thing I can think of that's changed is that I moved some brushes around
(added a few to the Brushes folder and took a few out that were in there).

I use these features all the time and I want to know what to do to get them back.

FYI, the version of Gimp I'm using is the one that's available in the
Ubuntu Software Center. I'm not experienced enough with Linux
to install the most recent update.

--
beelissa (via gimpusers.com)