Re: [Gimp-user] Why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to 2.6.x

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM,  <anonforum gmx org> wrote:
These are the reasons why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to GIMP 2.6.x:

1.) The free text field in the "Open file" view has been removed, or at
least I couldn't find it. A frequent use case for me is to copy a fully
qualified file name (i.e. including the path) of an image and to paste it
to the "open file" view of GIMP... Not possible anymore? Why?
Progress IMHO is if possibilities grow, not if they disappear.

Apart from switching view you can also:

a) drag'n'drop the file to gimp's window onto the toolbar
b) drag'n'drop the file onto Open file dialog

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org