Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Colour

Just create a new layer in the layer window (usually it is in the panel from the right side, but if you don't see one, press Ctlr+L to make the window appear). Then left-click the new layer and while holding the mouse button drag it to the bottom of the layer stack. Select the layer and fill it with the white colour.

Good luck!
Boris

P.S. GIMP is all right! You'll get used to it very soon ;)

2012/6/28 Emm_Lee <forums gimpusers com>
Ok seems I am wrong, managed to do it once but can't remember what I did. Gimp is so frustrating!!! How do I move a layer to the bottom?

>Good day!

>As far as I understand the black and grey squares are the transparent part
>of the image. JPEG format does not support transparency so GIMP fills the
>transparent areas with the colour set as the forefront (probably) colour.
>I'd suggest to create a blank layer, move it to the bottom and fill it with
>the colour of your desire (this will be white, as I may suggest). Maybe
>there is a simpler way that I don't know about.

>Good luck!
>Boris

>2012/6/28 Emm_Lee <forums gimpusers com>

>> I am desperately trying to change the Canvas Colour for an image in Gimp
>> 2.8.
>>
>> At the moment in displays in black and grey squares and when I save the
>> image as a jpg it's black.
>>
>> I need it to be white. Has anyone got any idea what to do? I am new to
>> Gimp.
>>
>> --
>> Emm_Lee (via gimpusers.com)

Emm_Lee (via gimpusers.com)