Re: [Gimp-user] newbie trouble needs to fit canvas

Maybe he would rather want to use Image: Colors -> Color to Alpha and
save the image in PNG. This suggestion would work for removing the
white background and replacing it with transparency. Then any decent
browser would show the webpage in the transparent areas.