Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:

UPS delivery or email?

Please, don't be rude to such an esteemed and valuable former
member
of this community. A personal visit is the only satisfactory
solution
here

Now I'm getting confused: which of us two is being ironic?

after all, where would open source software be if less people
used it?

Consider this. Over a decade GIMP has been having millions of users
and just a handful of developers. What's going to change if more
people overreact, issue silly accusations and slam the door? Give me
the worst scenario you can think of.

This is free software. People do it for fun. We respect your
opinions,
even when you disagree with us, and we are eager to adjust things to
make users happier, but there's no way you can force us to do
anything. We are not your hostages, and we don't work on your terms.

My point precisely =). Sorry, I think my email was taken the wrong
way, since I wrote it in the same spirit as your initial reply (would
have thought 'personal visit' would give it away).

I'm not for or against the new change to save/export (I use inkscape,
and I'm used to that), but then again I've been using the new version
for ages just to get the single-window mode (for which I and every
other tiling WM user will be forever thankful).

You're doing a great job, don't let the trolls get you down.

Ditto,

Been using it for a couple of years just for the single window mode.

Put up a valiant resistance against the export function for a couple
of hours, but then realized it was very smart move and has saved me
from making unrecoverable overwrites.

So beers and cheers to the new export system, long may it reign.

--
Owen