Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 per Windows, problem with the color picker

> Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 17:09:14 +0200
> From: forums gimpusers com
> To: gimp-user-list gnome org
> CC: team gimpusers com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 per Windows, problem with the color picker
>
> Sorry to be not very clear. I'm referring to the eyedropper in the "Foreground change color" and the issue is present
> also if I click the eyedropper in the one-only layer picture. Try it.
> Thanks
> Bye
> Francesco

You mean holding down Ctrl with a paint tool to activate colorpicker mode?  Tried that and worked perfectly - unable to reproduce the described behavior.

In a single layer image with no transparency, always picked the pixel's color value.

In a multi-layer image with or without transparency, always picked the pixel value from the active layer only, it had no effect (retained previous picked color) outside the active layer area.  Found no apparent way to make the colorpick modifier (as opposed to the colorpicker tool) sample from all layers.

Another very important note:  Transparent pixels within a layer still retain their original color value.  If, for example, you paint a HSV spectrum onto a layer and then erase it to transparency, the colorpicker will still pick the color pixels from it.  Which brings to mind that the default "color" for a transparent area is black.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com