[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 per Windows, problem with the color picker

Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 15:56:55 +0200
From: forums gimpusers com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
CC: team gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8 per Windows, problem with the color picker

Did you note that in the 2.8 version for Windows the color picker does
not properly run? It picks only black and no other colors.

--
Kekko (via gimpusers.com)

Never experienced any colorpicker problems on my Windows GIMP ... ever.  Can you be more specific?

While using the colorpicker, hold Shift to display the pixel info
dialog.  The left column should list "Red/Green/Blue" values.  If it
only lists "Value", this is because you're not actually selecting from
the layer:

1 - If you're currently editing a layer mask, then the colorpicker will only return a grayscale "Value",
because layer masks are a grayscale channel.
2 - Same goes for if you have QuickMask active, because then it's picking from the selection channel.

Sorry to be not very clear. I'm referring to the eyedropper in the "Foreground change color" and the issue is
present also if I click the eyedropper in the one-only layer picture. Try it.
Thanks
Bye
Francesco

--