[Gimp-user] Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch greyed out

I just installed my wacom bamboo pen and touch CTH-470, and, like many people, pen pressure sensitivity
isn't working. I installed the driver for the tablet and it's all ready to go, but when I go to Gimp 2.8 and
try to configure the tablet in the "input devices" section, I see "core pointer" in black, and then "Tablet
Port:HID, Dim 5500x4000..." and it goes on. Now, I'm quite certain that that is my tablet, but I'm seeing
people say they have the bamboo pen and bamboo eraser present but greyed out.

I'm panicking a little, can anyone help?

I have a P&T too, and it works perfectly in GIMP-2.8 (running on Fedora 17 plus some dependencies); here are
some tips:

* When the device is greyed out, it usually means GIMP found the device before, and still remembers about it,
but cannot find it any more. Perhaps it worked in GIMP-2.6, and GIMP-2.8 copied the configuration files from
there, but the device is no longer visible.

* If you compiled GTK+ yourself, remember to add the "--with-xinput" parameter to the "configure" script, or
GIMP will not find your tablet; this little detail drove me crazy for many, many hours.

Hope this helps.

--
eduperez (via gimpusers.com)