[Gimp-user] using Gimp in secure environments

Hi,

We would like to use Gimp for a small set of image conversion experiments. Unfortunately, the system where we want to install and run Gimp belongs to a US Govt agency, the environment is secure and their data is extremely sensitive. So we need to get their approval before we can install Gimp. To get it, we need to provide information on whether Gimp is "US-based" or "foreign-origin". We don't have a strict definition of what either of these terms means, but I am wondering if you have encountered these questions before. Can you tell me what the geographic origin of the tool is? Do you know of any specific instances of your tool being installed at any US Govt locations with sensitive environments?

Thanks,

IZ