Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp Lzw Compression Problem

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 16:57 +0100, Winter_m wrote:
Hi everyboady,
I have a problem with the LZW compression of Gimp.
I can't view LZW compressed TIFF files with my IDM Desktop 4.0.3. But
if I compress the LZW Tiff with Photoshop it works.

Most likely explanation - you are using PackBits compression and not LZW
with PhotoShop. THis is a guess because it's almost certainly nothing at
all to do with the XMP metadata you posted.

Most likely you'd need to make two sample TIFF images for people to
compare. Include ***DETAILED*** descriptions of how you saved the mage
in each case. Example of minimum erquired detail for you to have any
hope of getting help from volunteers on this :-) is as follows:
(1) in GIMP, used file->save as
(2) entered "gimp.tif" and made no other changes
(3) chose "LZW compression"

Liam