Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp newbie trying to get a job done.

Brent,

If your image isn't proprietary, I'd recomend uploading a sample to an image host like photobucket to show us.

Without looking, a very useful tool for me has been color>color to alpha. This will require that you have the
alpha channel enabled ( iirc -- posting from my phone -- can be done through layers>transparency>add alpha
channel.

If you play around with this feature a little bit you'll figure its strengths and weaknesses out quickly.

Hth,
-Stefan Maerz