Re: [Gimp-user] clicking rulers loses freehand selection

On 01/16/2012 04:05 PM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer<unhammer fsfe org>  writes:

Hi,

I just noticed a serious UI issue. Say I'm zoomed in and am creating a
complex freehand selection. I'm now selecting stuff at the very top of
the canvas, and I happen to miss a bit and touch the 'ruler'. Suddenly,
GIMP switches to the move tool and I've lost the whole selection! Does
anyone know if this behaviour can be turned off?

(I know I can turn off the rulers, but it's annoying having to turn them
off and on all the time since they are sometimes useful.)

Is there a way to make rulers be off by default when I start Gimp? I
know it's just a matter of clicking ctrl+shift+r, but that's easy to say
when you've just lost a huge, painstakingly made selection …

In 2.6 the setting is in Preferences -> Appearance -> show rulers

Greetings,
Peter