Re: [Gimp-user] Fix Orientation ?

On 01/09/2012 10:10 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

What is the proper way, using gimp, to correct the orientation of an
image?

For example, I just took a shot with one of my cameras where I was
holding the camera in a vertical (portrait) orientation.  But when I
transfer the .JPG to my PeeCee and view it with gimp (or ImageMagick)
it is laying over on its sid, in landscape orientation.

That must be an old camera... modern cameras have a position sensor and will add a flag in the image file to tell its true orientation (this flag is completely mishandled by the WInXP Image & Fax viewer, but is correctly handled by Gimp).