[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.7, - 2 simple questions

Hi everybody,
just two simple questions about GIMP 2.7.4 that I installed on Linux Ubuntu 11.10.
1. In previous versions of GIMP the shortcut ctrl+E allowed to put the image entirely in the frame while now
ctrl+E is the command for exporting the image: do you know how to have a simple shortcut to replicate what
ctrl+E did in 2.6 version?
2. Why the command "Save as" don't allow to save in jpg? Now we are forced to use Export in order to save an
image in jpg format.

Thanks for your help.
Ciao
Kekko