[Gimp-user] extract a reasonably dark image from its background?

Hi How does anybody know how I extract a reasonably dark image from its background?

Below are two identical images with white background.

But the preset colour of my vistaprint business card is light blue.

So I just want to paste the image from the links below onto a light blue business card if that is possible.

http://www.divshare.com/download/16727822-d94

http://www.divshare.com/download/16727831-e09

This is almost 100% what I want:        http://www.divshare.com/download/16727868-e64

but for some reason the resolution from this home made job comes out terrible at Vista Print so I have to do
the card writing on their site and give them a better resolution image which the one in the first two links
is.

Thanks in advance.

--
GimpDummy (via gimpusers.com)