Re: [Gimp-user] Cannot Open jpegs/jpgs in GIMP

On 12/20/2012 06:58 AM, Robert wrote:
Hi Burnie
  See attached...

On 12/19/2012 09:42 PM, Burnie West wrote:
On 12/19/2012 06:40 PM, Robert wrote:
Hi
I have a Fedora 17 distro installed on a couple of different machines. I am unable to open pictures and scans, I have, which are in 'jpeg/jpg' format. I understand the saving/exporting thing, but I am unable to even open them. I am using Kernel 3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64 and Gnome 3.4.2. The version of Gimp I am using is 2.8.2-6.fc17. I have been unable to get any assistance from the Fedora forums and/or bugzilla on this matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What messages do you receive when you try to open these pictures?
GIMP does not open files suffixed .jpg unless they really are jpg files.
How about Owen's suggestion: