Re: [Gimp-user] Cannot Open jpegs/jpgs in GIMP

On 12/19/2012 06:40 PM, Robert wrote:
Hi
I have a Fedora 17 distro installed on a couple of different machines. I am unable to open pictures and scans, I have, which are in 'jpeg/jpg' format. I understand the saving/exporting thing, but I am unable to even open them. I am using Kernel 3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64 and Gnome 3.4.2. The version of Gimp I am using is 2.8.2-6.fc17. I have been unable to get any assistance from the Fedora forums and/or bugzilla on this matter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What messages do you receive when you try to open these pictures?