Re: [Gimp-user] Resolution

A small clarification.

I do a lot of stuff with A5 pages. At 100 dpi an A5 image will turn out at at about 825 x 1175 pixels. I find this gives sufficient resolution for most purposes, looks good when displayed at native size on the screen, and is the appropriate size to store as a page in an .odt document which can then be transformed to a .pdf which is reasonably economic in size. Thus a single image file can serve many purposes and if I wish to refine the post processing to improve quality or reduce storage  overheads then I only have one file to worry about thus making maintenance more straightforward.

Yes, I was a bit wooly in my description, but I think the method works.

Barry