Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:19:39 +0000
From: barry12 nspipes co uk
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Resolution

Hi Leon,

1. If you select Image > Scale Image, The Scale image box opens.
2, Change the Image Size units to something convenient.
3. Note the width.
4. Change the resolution to what you require.
5. Change the width back to the original size, the height will follow.
6. Select Scale Image

The size of the image will remain the same in cm but its size in pixels will change.  I often do this to publish scans on the internet.
I regularly scan stuff at 300 dpi and preserve this as a record, but I will generally reduce the resolution to 100dpi fore web publishing to save on bandwidth.

Barry
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list gimp-user-list gnome org https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list