[Gimp-user] EPS import

When I import an EPS file into GIMP, I cannot get it to render it at the resolution i specify.

Here is the EPS file: http://www.staldal.nu/files/test.eps

I want the resulting bitmap to be 1170 pixels wide, but when I specify that it ends up being 1263 pixels wide.

Perhaps I don't fully understand the "Import from Postscript" dialog. What is the meaning of specifying "Resolution", and which unit is it in? What does "Try Bounding Box" mean? I don't find any help or documentation on this dialog.

I am using GIMP 2.8.2 on Ubuntu 12.04.