Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP-painter-2.8: Current development status (20121202)

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM, ceas wrote:

maintainer. in my view, the the porblem is the kind of development of gimp right
now is not encourage the new type trying for some enthusiastic new income
developers.

If I may ask...

How does your view explain 4 completely new tools developed during
GSoC 2011 and GSoC2012?

How does it explain rggjan's friendly fork to improve object selection
which ended up in creating a matting operator in GEGL for use in new
generation of GIMP?

i am not intend saying someone' bad, but i think the world will be more
beautifull if we use this
"hey , this sound like interesting, but we have some problem if use your method
directioin, let 's find a way to makethe ideal works."
rather than
" hey,  we wont use it, since the painting is never an objective,  you can folk
it but we wont merge it."

As Jehan already explained, this is simply not what happened.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org