Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP-painter-2.8: Current development status (20121202)

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM, ceas <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
Jehan
you may find the answer form here
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-developer/14329-demo-porting-mypaint-brush-engines-to-the-gimp

Thanks Ceas. Other people pointed me to the same thread yesterday on IRC.

I'd say that's too bad if we really don't manage a collaboration, where everybody has something to gain (us for new neat features, Sigetch for ensuring the long time maintenance of his features upstream, and the users for having all in one great program). Right now we have 2 programs looking very similar, except for a few features. I don't know how long it can last this way until the fork either dies or flies away and become too different a codebase to be re-usable by us. :-/

That's sad when this happens, in particular as the maintainer of GIMP is far nicer, more responsive and open to contributions than many other mainstream FLOSS programs I have (or tried on) contributed on.

Jehan

--
ceas (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)