Re: [Gimp-user] Question about text-to-path

Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> writes:

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 06:10 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
I'm using GIMP 2.8 on Xubuntu 12.10.  I have been going through the new
manual trying out various features, was experimenting with text-to-path,

It's buggy, yes. Right now, Inkscape (also free) is better at this.

Thanks for the info.  Someone told me about a text-along-path-0.2.py plug-in
that you can obtain here:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/

I installed this and it works.  With this, you create/select a target path
and then from the Paths dialog, right-click and find it under the Tools
section at the bottom of the context menu.  This is another suggested
workaround until the built-in functionality is fixed.

2: Any good reason why the "Path from Text" and "Text along Path" buttons
   were removed from the Text Tool Options menu?
They moved (I can never remember where they went though). I don't know
why either, sorry :-)

Turns out they are now context-sensitive and are found by right-clicking on the
text box itself, right-clicking on the text layer on the Layers dialog, or on
the Layers pull-down menu when the Text tool is selected.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
--
Jeff