Re: [Gimp-user] Disabling keyboard menu shortcuts

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Jeffery Small wrote:

A new feature in 2.8 appears to be keyboard accelerators (shortcuts) for
the pull-down menus.  For example, Alt-S displays the Select menu, Alt-W
the Windows menu, etc.

Hi Jeff,

It's not a new feature, it's an old feature. It just didn't work on
some systems before.

I have already assigned these key-combinations to other functions in the
keyboard shortcuts menu, but the default menubar assignments are taking
precedence.

As they should be :)

How can I disable these menu accelerators so that I can regain the use of
the Alt-[ESVILCTRWH] sequences?

Theoretically, you need to find or create a files called ".gtkrc-2.0"
and add the following line:

gtk-enable-mnemonics = 0

Maybe there should be a toggle on the Configure Keyboard Shortcuts menu to
handle this.

It sounds like a too much of a corner case for an option, IMHO.

And certainly, if you reassign these keystrokes in the menu,
their original function should be disabled.

Maybe :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org