Re: [Gimp-user] How can I "Autumnize" this image of leaf that still has some green color to it?

A quick and easy method: use curves and modify only the green channel.
See attachment. I don't change the highlights te preserve the background
and because the leaf itself is darker.

Best regards,

Maarten

thegimpestgimp 9a neverbox com schreef op vr 31-08-2012 om 13:50
[+0800]:
Hello,
We'd like to "Autumnize" the picture of a leaf that still has some
green/life to it.  Leaf is located http://i.imgur.com/X9po8.jpg

We want to make the leaf take on the color of a bit more autumn: the
green parts turning red. How can we do this without making the picture
seem to "photoshopped" or too reddish?

 I've tried playing with the various options in the Color dropdown
(Colour Balance, Hue Saturation, Colourize, Brightness-Contrast,
Threshold, Levels, Curves), but I can't seem to do it.

Thank you.