[Gimp-user] GIF layers

Hello,

Is there a way to select all the layers in the Layers Window?  is: I've got a GIF animation that's comprised
of 590 individual layers, and to work on specific layers, It'd be convenient to be able to hide all the
layers other than the layer I'm working on - maybe with a dialog under Layers>>Stack>>Select all
Layers>>Hide, or an "eye" checkbox at the top or bottom of the Layers window that would select all layers,
thereby allowing me to "unhide" the selected layer by checking the "eye" ,(show), checkbox of the relevant
layer.

Currently, the only way I know of to work on a specific layer within such a stack is to move the layer to the
top of the stack so it becomes the  visible layer, perform the work, then return the layer to its original
location.

Thanks

--
ubuntulistener (via gimpusers.com)