[Gimp-user] GIMP 2.8.0 in FreeBSD Jail example

Hi,

I've been wanting to check out Gimp 2.8 since I read the news release, and finally took some time to build it
on my machine. It is not certain when the FreeBSD packages and ports will be updated and tested and
published. There have been some people who have built it by updating their system packages, but I decided to
build it in a jail chroot to avoid possibly royally dorking up my system. It runs through a 'remote'
connection to Xorg server (same machine). However I do want to spend some more time investigating ways to
safely 'break it out of jail'. ;-)

If you are interested in trying my alternate setup on your FreeBSD machine I have written some basic
instructions at the following URL.

http://www.waitman.net/doku.php/gimp28-freebsd

Have a great weekend.

--