Re: [Gimp-user] how to fill...

On 14 August 2012 10:32, scythargon <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I have area(the whole layer) that I have filled with semi-transparent gradient, so now, I select it -
(layer->alpha to selection) and trying to fill with ordinary non-transparent color, but I get the same area
with the same semi-transparent gradient, the only thing that I changed - the main color of gradient:(

I am not shure about what you actually want to achieve,  but
it sounds like you could make use of the "behind" paint mode
(change, on the tool options, the paint mode from "normal" to
"behind". )

    js
  -><-

--