[Gimp-user] how to fill...

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM, scythargon <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I have area(the whole layer) that I have filled with semi-transparent gradient, so now, I select it -
(layer->alpha to selection) and trying to fill with ordinary non-transparent color, but I get the same
area with the same semi-transparent gradient, the only thing that I changed - the main color of gradient:(

You're selecting only the alpha channel.  On that layer, "Select All",
then fill.

Chris

The Alpha Channel is a greyscale channel that only contains information about the transparency of the pixels
in the layer. When you select by alpha channel, you're only selecting the part of the image with non-zero
'opaqueness'.

--
SavvySaffer (via gimpusers.com)