Re: [Gimp-user] gimp definition

On 12-07-23 01:29 PM, Enda wrote:
The program was first called The GIMP, and now is called GIMP to be less
offensive

I have seen enough comments along the lines of the above so I now find them more amusing than annoying that some people don't pick up on the difference between a word (in lower case) and the acronym (in upper case).

While you are pointing out "unfortunate" names for things, I suggest contacting Linus Torvalds and complain about the name of his version control program called "git". You can't tell the difference between the word and the program name.

For those who don't know, it is a (mostly?) British slang term used as a form of mild insult of someone. Variations are calling someone a "lazy git", or "stupid git".

After you have talked with Linus, let us know what he said.  :-)

--
Cheers!

Kevin.