[Gimp-user] Fwd: issues with gimp on mac 10.7.3

Sorry, sent only to the person below by mistake.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com>
Date: Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] issues with gimp on mac 10.7.3
To: rcook pcug org au

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Owen <rcook pcug org au> wrote:

Hi,

I have made a few attempts to install Gimp but I'm having the same
problems. I continually get a message about my swap file:

To avoid data loss, please check the location and permissions of the
swap directory defined in your Preferences (currently
"/Users/helenebrennan/Library/Application Support/Gimp").--

All permissions are open, but I can find no such directory

Also:

Failed to create thumbnail folder
'/Users/helenebrennan/Library/Application
Support/Gimp/cache/thumbnails/normal'.

I have not been able to fix these problems. Please can you help.

This is linux? windows?

Can you go to preferences and try another swap location. Try
/Users/helenebrennan

 --
Owen