[Gimp-user] issues with gimp on mac 10.7.3

Hi,

I have made a few attempts to install Gimp but I'm having the same
problems. I continually get a message about my swap file:

To avoid data loss, please check the location and permissions of the
swap directory defined in your Preferences (currently
"/Users/helenebrennan/Library/Application Support/Gimp").--

All permissions are open, but I can find no such directory

Also:

Failed to create thumbnail folder
'/Users/helenebrennan/Library/Application
Support/Gimp/cache/thumbnails/normal'.

I have not been able to fix these problems. Please can you help.

Kind regards,

Helene Brennan