Re: [Gimp-user] R: Light Field Camera

Frank Gore <gore projectpontiac com> writes:

Please note, this has absolutely nothing to do with using Gimp.

As I tried to explain in my other posting, as I understand it image
manipulation effectively becomes multi-dimensional.

An image from the LFE can be processed into a ordinary 2-dimensional
image, Gimp can handle those.

But what would be required to process the 'raw' (multi-dimensional) data
from an LFE camera? Each pixel or group of pixels gets a Z-component
that makes the object that this group represents in focus in a
particular plane only.

One of the things that would become possible is to create a carefully
crafted DOF in an (existing) image.

-- Johan