[Gimp-user] opening CMYK psd

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:35 PM, john Culleton <john wexfordpress com> wrote:

If working with photographs, you should be converting to device
specific CMYK as late as possible in the process and keep things in
more device independent color spaces like RGB for as long as possible.
Similar to how you should not be saving intermediate copies to very
lossy JPG.

/

If working in advertising company, where most media are printed, photographs have to fit in CMYK color range.
RGB files are only source images. Some works needs extra colors like CMYK+1, CMYK+2. Problem is that Adobe
divided it's suits pack's into web and printing design, and GIMP is now pointing into photography, not into
all professionals needs. I would like to say my boss that there is open source software that can be run into
production process, with great abilities, but since it can not make such simple thing like multichannel or
even CMYK editing I can not do it.

--
Tofi (via gimpusers.com)