Re: [Gimp-user] OT: Was: Gimp name-picking

I didn't have time to read this whole thread, so pardon me if it's
already been
pointed out that the idea of changing the name of GIMP has come up more
than
once in the past.

Frankly, and meaning no offense to any party, I do think that this
discussion is a bit absurd.

 I am also new to the list and found this discussion ludicrous albeit
interesting.

I am a bit of a lurker, but over the last few change-the-name
discussions have been almost exasperated enough to make a post :).
Just wondering, is it possible to prevent the discussion arising
again? Hard link the archives of the various discussions that have
arisen over the years?  Make a highly visible FAQ?  Or is it something
the list will just field ad infinitum?