Re: [Gimp-user] OT: Was: Gimp name-picking

On 12/28/2011 12:48 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:
On 12/28/2011 11:02 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:
It's just funny! It's a play on the idea that it's the
not-quite-capable version of Photoshop.
At least they didn't name it SIMP!
That IS funny.  I started using the GIMP when Tor Lillqvist ported
it to Windows many long years ago.  At that time, it was
not-quite-capable in two senses:  It had WAY fewer useful tools and
functions than it does today, and it tended to crash a LOT on the OS
in question.  But I kept it and have been using it ever since.
In some circles it is an article of faith that the GIMP is "not
suitable for professional graphics work."  But in recent years over
half of my income has come from editing images with the GIMP.  And
that, not "has a vendor training certificate" or "paid for an
expensive product", is the definition of professional graphics work.
I think we have covered every possible topic in these thread(s). :D

Anyways, to contribute:
PIMP - The Photoshop-like Image Manipulation Program
LIMP - The Lovely Image Manipulation Program
WIMP - The Wonderful Image Manipulation Program

Any better? ;)

-Stefan Maerz