[Gimp-user] Find/select by color

GIMP 2.6.11

I need to be able to select region by color, but I want to be able to specify the color RGB (for example, by setting the foreground color). All I can find on the tool is to select by mouse/clicking on image. Is there any way to do this? Couldn't find any likely plug-in for it.

Desired behavior is
1.  Specify RGB in hex
2.  Activate tool/script
3. All pixels in image with specified color are in selection (with the various selection options and threshold/aa/transparency options, though the options aren't mandatory).

scott s.
.