Re: [Gimp-gui] Save Button to be Added to Exit Menu

Hi!

On 9/12/21 10:07 AM, 56independent via gimp-gui-list wrote:
Whenever I exit the program, I often get a little popup that says
​"you have unsaved changes!". This is rather inconvenient, as it has
no save button. Just "Help" "Cancel" and "Discard Changes". I propose
adding "Save and Exit" to the list.

Actually next to each opened item, there is a save icon you can click for each specific unsaved file.

Having a global "Save all" icon would make sense though, if all files were already saved (i.e. there is an associated XCF), though it may be a pain if there are images with no XCF yet (we can't pop-up file dialog for path/name choice for as-many images as there are in the list).

We could show the "Save all" icon only when all images have a XCF associated, but then it is a consistency issue. Some people will not understand the logics and think it's broken when it doesn't appear. Maybe we could just gray it out with a popover text saying "Some images have no associated XCF".

Anyway something can be done to improve the workflow, for sure.

Like Inkscape, if you no longer
want to edit a file, and want to do other things, you can then just
quit, with minimal obstruction. The current system forces me to do
"esc" then "crtl+s" then "alt+f4".

Well now, you will know you don't have to "esc", just click the "save" icon next to each name in the list. 🙂

Jehan

Inkscape allows me to do "alt+f4"
"tab" "tab"   "tab" "enter" to leave.