Re: [Gimp-gui] Swapping GUIs

I would look here - https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp - Gimp source code

But even compiling and building this beast under windows is difficult task (I've personally failed)

Now, Gimp UI is built using GTK (btw it means Gimp ToolKit), which (I would say) is deeply connected with program itself. But I can be wrong - it's currently upgraded from GTK2 to GTK3 so maybe devs have in mind that GTK4 is ready and Gimp could be upgraded again in near future and made it more layered (separated core x modules x gui). But that's better question for devs.