Re: [Gimp-gui] [GIMP Gui] User Interface Consistency

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 4:31 PM VIKASH SINGH via gimp-gui-list wrote:

Hi All,

Hello.

I could give you a detailed reply on each of your points. In fact, I
did just that and then scrapped it. Here is why.

We (GIMP) have over 1.8K unsolved bug reports and feature requests,
and just four developers between GIMP and GEGL.

Inkscape team isn't all that larger, and they are in the middle of
working on v1.0.

Scribus team is currently one single developer working in his spare
time, of which he doesn't have much.

What do you expect these three teams to do, exactly?

I know what to do about specific bug reports and feature requests. I
can help file and triage them and then pray like hell that people will
have the time to work on that stuff.

I don't know what to do about vague ideas about some sort of missing
consistency between applications that are designed to do different
things and thus do it differently.

I don't know what to do about the idea of giving vastly different
applications the same feature set.

I don't know what to do about the claim that people don't want to
learn AI (vector graphics and illustration, print output), because
they have Sketch and XD (UX prototyping).

Do you think you could make _actionable_ requests that we could
constructively discuss?

Alex