[Gimp-gui] [GIMP Gui] User Interface Consistency

Hi All,

I am UI/UX Designer and I am interested to discuss some experience...

This discussion is not only for GIMP but for Inkscape and Scribus too. If we visit GIMP website their is quote GIMP is best used in workflows involving other free software such as Scribus, Inkscape and SwatchBooker. And Yes It is.

Most Forums I visit, I have found biggest complain from users is not having good User Interface for these Applications. If we think for one second for only one App GIMP then the User Interface is Ok. But when it is used in workflows involving other free software then it is bad experience.

A Graphic Designer in Industry have to used all three raster, vector and publishing applications. And Professional designers don't want to learn applications they want to work done in much less time. Today I am finding cases where designer don't even want to learn Adobe Illustrator they preferring to use modern design apps Sketch and Adobe Xd that have few functionalities but better experience.

__________________
What is issue here ?
__________________

Not having consistency with the other two software's.

1. Different Layouts & themes
2. Different Icon Sets
3. Different Task Flow
4. Different Tools Manipulators Flow(can create understanding problem)
5. One have that feature another not and etc.
6. (Everything that create inconsistency in these applications)

Even I Know its hard to solve. I already chatted with Inkscape developers regarding this few months back that UI is so much locked. But even they also wanted to have some consistency.

I really want to see GIMP, Inkscape & Scribus team come together to work on similar ideas concepts, designs and task flow to maintain consistency.

To have one website similar like right click select by Blender Community for GIMP, Inkscape & Scribus to collect ideas having one website users will share similar ideas for all these application.

Thanks
Vikash