Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP Workspaces Concept

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Ofnuts <ofnuts gmx com> wrote:
For me would be very useful to have the possibility to save the user's workspaces, as sessionrc, for each task, for example. The problem of this approach that in the current releases of GIMP is not possible use another sessionrc without quit and open again GIMP.

Not sure. Did you try to both ask for a new sessionrc and a separate Gimp instance?

gimp --new-instance --session workspace1

I have tried understand how to is possible to use the 'session' concept... but I did not have success in it... perhaps is a path.

Well, I did a test again... ;-), in my initial test I used the command in the wrong way.
This way is possible to make the workspaces without the necessity to build another sessionrc... and is just great thing.

* Each time that you call the session is correctly configured
* If create a new session... is called the default of GIMP
* If don't use the session feature... is used your personal sessionrc.

Now would be interesting to know if is possible to use this feature in a plug-in (to build and to choose the sessions, directly when GIMP is opened).